Research Profile Company Website
Aridis Pharmaceuticals is advancing multiple clinical stage monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) targeting bacteria that cause life-threatening infections such as ventilator associated pneumonia (VAP) and hospital acquired pneumonia (HAP), in addition to preclinical stage antiviral mAbs. The use of mAbs as anti-infective treatments represents an innovative therapeutic approach that harnesses the human immune system to fight infections and is designed to overcome the deficiencies associated with the current standard of care which is broad spectrum antibiotics. Such deficiencies include, but are not limited to, increasing drug resistance, short duration of efficacy, disruption of the normal flora of the human microbiome and lack of differentiation among current treatments. The mAb portfolio is complemented by a non-antibiotic novel mechanism small molecule anti-infective candidate being developed to treat lung infections in cystic fibrosis patients.
Aridis is revolutionizing how we treat infectious diseases through its unique technology platforms, which can quickly detect human-derived mAbs to treat infectious diseases. The Company's transformative approach utilizes a patient's own immune system to identify mAbs capable of fighting infections and underpins multiple late-stage programs. In January, Aridis announced positive top-line data from the first of two Phase 3 studies of its lead candidate, AR-301, for the treatment of VAP caused by Gram-positive bacteria Staphylococcus aureus (S. aureus). In March, Aridis announced positive top-line data from its Phase 2a trial in cystic fibrosis, meeting primary and second endpoints for the study. Aridis received agreement from the FDA for a single confirmatory Phase 3 study of AR-301 in May 2023 and is discussing results of its CF study with the FDA and the EMA to plan the definitive next steps. The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is the largest shareholder of Aridis and has invested $12.5 million into the Company to date. Aridis is covered by five analysts with buy ratings and a median price target of $6 per share.
- Unique, novel approach using human-derived mAbs to treat infectious diseases
- Addressing $1B+ opportunity with lead drug candidate AR-301
Addressing $2 billion market opportunity with its lead drug candidates AR-301 & AR-320
- AR-301: first of two planned Phase 3 trials; received agreement from FDA on single confirmatory Phase 3 study design in May 2023
- AR-501: met primary and secondary endpoints
- Received $1.9M grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to evaluate inhaled monoclonal antibodies against influenza and COVID-19
- Received $12.5M in grant and equity funding from the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation to develop treatment for CF patients with pneumonia
World-class team of senior executives:
- CEO, Director – Vu Truong; Medimmune, Aviron
- Chief Medical Officer – Hasan Jafri; AstraZeneca, Medimmune
- Director - Robert Rufolo- Wyeth/Pfizer; Craig Gibbs- Gilead; Eric Patzer- Genentech