Lightbridge Schedules Third Quarter 2015 Earnings & Business Update Conference Call
Call to be Held on Thursday, November 5th at 11:00 a.m. Eastern Time
MCLEAN, Va., Nov. 02, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Lightbridge Corporation (NASDAQ:LTBR), a U.S. nuclear energy company, today announced that it will host a conference call on Thursday, November 5th at 11:00 a.m. Eastern Time to discuss the company's financial results for the third quarter ending September 30, 2015, as well as the Company's corporate progress and other meaningful developments.
Interested parties can access the conference call by calling 888-632-3384 for U.S. callers, or +1- 785-424-1675 for international callers. The call will be available on the Company’s website via webcast at http://ir.ltbridge.com/events.cfm. The conference call will be led by Seth Grae, President and Chief Executive Officer and other Lightbridge executives will also be available to answer questions. Questions may also be submitted in writing before or during the conference call to email@example.com.
A webcast will also be archived on the Company’s website and a telephone replay of the call will be available approximately one hour following the call, through midnight December 5, 2015, and can be accessed by calling: 800-388-9074 (U.S. callers) or +1- 402-220-1117 (international callers) and entering conference ID: LIGHTBRIDGE.
About Lightbridge Corporation
Lightbridge is a nuclear energy company based in McLean, Virginia, USA. The Company develops proprietary next generation nuclear fuel technologies for current and future nuclear reactor systems. Lightbridge's breakthrough fuel technology is establishing new global standards for safe and clean nuclear power and leading the way to a sustainable energy future. The Company also provides comprehensive advisory services for established and emerging nuclear programs based on a philosophy of transparency, non-proliferation, safety and operational excellence. Lightbridge consultants provide integrated strategic advice and expertise across a range of disciplines including regulatory affairs, nuclear reactor procurement and deployment, reactor and fuel technology and international relations. The Company leverages those broad and integrated capabilities by offering its services to commercial entities and governments with a need to establish or expand nuclear industry capabilities and infrastructure.
The advantages of Lightbridge's metallic fuel design have been confirmed in independent third-party analyses. These reports, which include a peer-reviewed article published in Nuclear Technology and reports by Siemens, are available for download at http://ir.ltbridge.com/. The indicated benefits of Lightbridge’s fuel include:
- A 1,000°C reduction in average fuel operating temperature, compared to conventional uranium dioxide pellet fuel, resulting in dramatic safety improvements;
- Improved heat transfer and fluid flow, increased structural strength, and improved performance during accidents and transients (changes in reactor coolant system temperature and/or pressure attributed to a change in the reactor’s power output)
- 10% more power and longer fuel cycles or up to 17% more power with the same fuel cycle length for existing pressurized water reactors (PWRs);
- Increased revenue and improved profit margins for existing nuclear power units;
- Up to 30% more power with the same fuel cycle length for new build PWRs;
- Lower total levelized cost per kilowatt-hour for new build reactors;
- Increased competitiveness of nuclear power versus fossil and renewable energy sources.
To receive Lightbridge Corporation updates via e-mail, subscribe at http://ir.ltbridge.com/alerts.cfm.
Lightbridge is on Twitter. Sign up to follow @LightbridgeCorp at http://twitter.com/lightbridgecorp.
Investor Relations Contact: David Waldman/Natalya Rudman Crescendo Communications, LLC Tel. 855-379-9900 Ltbr@crescendo-ir.com