Pressure BioSciences, Inc. (OTCQB:PBIO) develops, markets, and sells proprietary laboratory instrumentation and associated consumables to the estimated $6 billion life sciences sample preparation market. The Company's products are based on the unique properties of both constant and alternating hydrostatic pressure (pressure cycling technology, or PCT). The Company's primary sales efforts are in the biomarker discovery and forensics areas. Customers also use PBIO’s products in other areas, such as drug discovery & design, bio-therapeutics characterization, soil & plant biology, vaccine development, histology, and counter-bioterror applications.
PBIO’s patented Pressure Cycling Technology (“PCT”) platform uses alternate cycles of hydrostatic pressure between ambient and ultra-high levels (up to 90,000 psi) to safely and conveniently control the rupture (lysis) of cells and tissues from human, animal, plant and microbial sources.The Company has sold approximately 300 instrument systems worldwide to leading academic, government, biotech and pharma laboratories. Additionally, there have been over 100 journal articles and peer reviewed publications on the advantages of PCT technology. In January 2016, the Company announced a co-marketing deal with SCIEX (global leader in mass spectrometry), and in March 2017 an expansion of the Company’s sales and marketing team. These positive changes should begin to show strong sales increases going forward.
PBIO CEO Richard T. Schumacher is a serial entrepreneur who has had substantial success in founding, growing, and operating Biotech and Pharma businesses in the past; as the initial President and Co- founder of Panacos Pharma, he helped to significantly improve the Company from a struggling start-up to a $700 million market cap company in seven years. Relative to sales potential, if PBIO can capture just 25% of the market opportunity in mass spectrometry, we believe it could lead to $75 million in device sales and $36 million in annual recurring revenue. Additional long-term opportunities for PCT also exist
PBIO generated total revenue of $1.97 million in FY16, an increase of 10% YOY
- Products & Services revenue increased by 55% to $365,262 in 4Q16, and by 27% to $1,794,749 in FY 2016
$6 billion+ market opportunity for PBIO’s PCT technology (~500k scientists in 80k research labs worldwide)
- PCT technology uses hydrostatic pressure to break open cells, which may result in new discoveries not previously possible with current sample preparation methods
PBIO’s Next Generation Sample Preparation Instrument received CE Mark approval in February 2017
- CE marking will allow PBIO to market its products freely in 31 countries across Europe
- Company signed a worldwide co-marketing deal for 2 years with a SCIEX, a global leader in mass spectrometry
- PCT technology offers a companion solution to mass spectrometry that improves overall research results
- PBIO plans to list on the NASDAQ stock exchange during 2Q17
- 100+ publications and peer reviewed journals from top scientists describing the advantages of PCT technology